Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Led by Feelings

Proverbs 14:12 
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, 
but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I do not think that it is just me,
but I like to please.
I want people to be happy and to be happy with me.
I do not like tension.
It is easy for me to follow the way which seems or feels right.

Recently, I have had to confront 
(rather than avoid or gloss over) 
two different situations.
Was I led by my feelings?
I wanted to be.
I was encouraged to do right by my hubby.
Comfortable?
NO!
Handled Correctly?
I hope so.

I think that women are easily led by their emotions,
possibly the reason that Satan approached Eve first 
and the reason that Paul describes some women as
"silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts..."

I do not want to be ruled by my emotions and led down the path of destruction and death.
So, I need to know God's Word and His way.
I need to be in fellowship and communion with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment