Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

You Win Some, You Lose Some

There are some women who can look at a recipe and immediately tell if it is a keeper.
I can pick winners fairly easily.
A winner has a crust.
A winner has cheese - any type.
A winner has sausage - yummy.
A winner has an Asian flair.
Sometimes there are those stabs in the dark ...
some become favorites, some are abysmal failures.

Recently, I discovered this marinated veggie recipe.
It was great as a salad,.
I used the veggies on a pizza Friday night,
and it was great on a pizza - no sauce, just veggies and feta.

Last night, I tried another dairy free mac n cheese.
The last one had cashews and nutritional yeast,
this one had white sweet potatoes and nutritional yeast.
Neither recipe was a big hit.
Perhaps, to some extent it is an acquired taste.
I will keep trying,
but not too soon  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment