Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Busy Weekend

Hubby had this weekend off
and we got a lot accomplished on the house.

The blue, flat, laminate counters have disappeared.
Tomorrow you can see the end product - after I clean up!


 I finished painting the guest bathroom.
It was a sunshiny yellow - now a fun stripe!
My folks allowed me to use this process in their new home
about 13 years ago.
Hubby says I have more patience then he does,
but is pleased with the results.
This is definitely the project for a SMALL room. 
The walls have some "issues" due to years of hanging various cabinets and racks.
I repaired the walls as best I could
and the stripes draw attention away from the blemishes that still remain.


It is tedious to tape for this project ...
... but I love the results!
I can't show the whole bathroom,
because the vanity is still mint green :)
Hubby replaced 10 electrical outlets.   
Only 2 left to change - they were buried under plastic sheeting for the counter work.
Many old trailers have unique wall outlets and switches.
Once removed for painting, they don't often go back in well.
I love the clean, white plates throughout the house.

The appliances were delivered.

This week ... Valances for the whole house!



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy all the updates... would love to come for another visit after you move in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying them - we certainly are keeping busy and enjoying the results ... can't wait to move in ... hopefully early August. When thingy are cooler and drier ... plan a visit!

      Delete