Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Silent Night

The house is calm tonight after a busy overnight with one brother and his family.
We enjoyed our visit and reconnecting with the "not-so" little ones.
I tease my hubby that I would be awfully lonely if he had not married me.
All of the children that I babysit 
and even my nieces and nephews just bounce in the trailer 
with anticipation of his 5:30 pm homecoming!

In the calm,
I am thankful that I grew up not knowing a lot of hustle around the season.
I am thankful for a church that does not "thrive" on busy-ness.
I am thankful for a husband who enjoys my time and presence more than a big meal on a holiday.
I am thankful for a family that more than accepts the "in-laws."
I am thankful for friends and family who express their love all year long
and do not need to be stressed over the perfect gift at Christmas.
I am thankful for the Prince of Peace who helps guide are steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment