Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

While The Cooks Away ...

With the work continuing at church,
meals with ease are a real blessing.
Got to love the slow cooker.
I made this one on Friday not expecting hubby to enjoy it,
but I knew it would be filling.
I was wrong ... he loved it ...
and asked to see it again soon.
He knows my propensity to lose recipes,
or to keep trying new recipes without returning to the ones we like :)
I guess that is a fault I will have to work on.

Brown Beans (and rice)

1 lb uncooked pinto beans
2½ cups chicken broth
2 cups onion, diced
14.5 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt, 
1 teaspoon pepper

Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
Cook on low for 10 hours.
Serve over rice ... or corn bread ... or with biscuits.

This week's menu plan:
Sunday:  Hamburgers
Monday: Maple mustard chicken
Tuesday: Taco Salad
Wednesday: Italian Pork Chops
Thursday: Hubby away on business
Friday: Potato Egg Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment