Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Public and the Private

I have a pet peeve.
I hate when a person belittles marriage, their spouse, or their in laws.
I hate when people devalue marriage in "jokes."
I hate when partners correct their spouse in a very public setting.


I want the words that people hear from me to be those that build up marriage,
to be those that hold marriage in high regard,
to be those that praise and honor my husband,
to honor my parents as well as my in laws.

Are there things to be addressed in marriage?
Of course.
Do I have weaknesses and failings?
Of course.
Does hubby?
Yes.
These should be taken care of at home.
We should be a team.

I should be able to trust that hubby will not speak ill of me
and he should be able to trust me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment