Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Delight Yourself In The Lord

My little Bible Study on Wednesdays has finished a study of the Proverbs 31 woman.
What a blessing and rebuke that passage was.

The other topic that they picked was "Desires."
It's root was Psalm 37:4.
"Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

The girls are at the stage of desiring their own home.
My desire has been to have a home filled with children.

And so we look at Psalm 37:4.
The "magic" key, right?
Delight in God ... Get what you want.😊
Kind of like Hannah's prayer,
the prayer of Jabez,
a simple 1,2,3.

Delight ...

Do I delight in the Lord?
Is He all of my peace, my satisfaction, my fulfillment?
If He is, then He will be the desire of my heart.

Regardless of the situation, my delight needs to be in my God.
He needs to be first.
He needs to take precedence.

What a challenge for the new year!




No comments:

Post a Comment