Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

 With all my refinishing, 
I never mentioned the products that I used.


Chalk Paint:
Annie Sloane is the key name in chalk paint, but you pay for it.
Rustoleum also had high ratings.
I did read that if you choose to use their white colors,
you need to use a different coating (because it yellows)


I have used this one quart of wiping stain for years and just love it.
It is so easy to use.
No drips,
no funny pooling.
You just wipe on.
Let sit.
Wipe off.
How perfect!
This dark roast is our favorite.
The pre-stain makes any stain go on better.


I go between two products for finishing.
I originally bought the dark paste wax for coating angle iron on our metal furniture.
It keeps it from rusting or getting my clothes rusty.
But I also put it on the grey chalk paint for a more aged look and liked it.

The wipe-on poly is just buffed into the stained wood and is so easy to use as well.

One of my most recent favorites ... more plants.
These were recommended for odor control.
And the "snake plant" is one of those plants that requires very little care (light or water) - 
perfect for the garage.
I repurposed shelves from our NC home for the back,
the holder is a hose clamp,
and I found the eye hooks in a drawer.


The shelves were originally stained with the dark roast,
I covered them with leftover grey chalk paint,
distressed with sandpaper,
and then sealed with the dark finishing wax.


Yes, it is probably odd to decorate a garage,
but it makes me happy -
Who doesn't want to be happy?

Especially while doing a workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment