Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

When in Rome

While we have a lot of coffee-loving friends around the nation,
the Pacific Northwest does seem to run on Coffee.
I have mentioned that there is a coffee "hut" on every corner.
Sometimes you can see 2-3 while standing on a sidewalk.
AND they are all busy!

For our anniversary,
hubby and I went to Panera for a meal.
As a special treat, 
we got one of their Madagascar Vanilla Almond Cold Brews.

We rarely order coffee treats out because ...
we feel like idiots trying to order,
often times asking for decaf causes great confusion
(or it doesn't exist and I buzz for a very long time),
there is no dairy-free option,
the cost is a bit steep.

As I looked at the ingredients with their willingness to customize ...
the idea came to me ...
Why can't I make this at home?

So for the past month,
we have been enjoying cold brew at home.


My first attempt was to make vanilla syrup.
Easy and successful ...
it only involved water, sugar, and vanilla.

I am still working on the pumpkin spice syrup,
my first attempt was not the best ...
but I won't give up.

I just found a vegan Pumpkin Spice Cream recipe
that will be tried VERY soon,
maybe less than 5 minutes from now so that it will be ready before I have my morning coffee (or teeccino as the case may be).


No comments:

Post a Comment