Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

ALL THINGS!

Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things
 unto God and the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;...

It is Thankful Thursday and there is always much to be thankful for.  The Word says to be thankful in ALL things ... some are easy, some are more difficult.  I am so thankful this week for the beautiful sunshine and the crisp morning air.  I am thankful that the air conditioning is off until April or May.  I am thankful that it is cool at night so we sleep so much better.  I am thankful for the leaves that are slowly changing color here in NC.  I am thankful for a God who thought to give us a world full of beauty and color.  I am thankful for those who come along beside us and encourage, exhort, rebuke us.  I am thankful for daily food and shelter.  I am thankful for thsoe who have invested in my life that God might use me in so many ways.  I am thankful for salvation and knowing that my life is in God's hands.

There are the difficult things too.  I am thankful for the changes in life (moves, separations, long nights of study or work) that force me to rely on God.  I am thankful for the trials that make my prayers so much more earnest and fervent.  I am thankful for the delays that test my persistence and patience.  I am thankful that I am not in control.  I am thankful for the tests that try my faith.  I am thankful for little babies that may bring a tear to my eye, but joy in the marvel of God's design.  I am thankful that for everyday that I feel weak in myself, that I have a Heavenly Father who is omnipotent and ready to hold me up.  I am thankful that though America is failing, I still live in the best country on earth.  I am thankful that my salvation is not dependent upon my feelings, moods, or actions. 

No, the thanksgiving does not always flow as freely as it ought.  Nevertheless, God never ceases to give good gifts to His children.  Lets recognize His goodness today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment