Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

AAHH! Saturday!

Well, another week is through.  It was a very good week.  I finished my niece's sewing projects early in the week and have a small pile of parts to make possibles bags today.  Haven't heard of a possibles bag?  Originally they were small bags that young colonial girls kept their sewing work in.  In our home it is a bag that carries caps, balls, ramrods, gun powder ... while going to shoot the muzzleloader.  I came up with a pattern over a year ago when we began pricing commercial versions.  I made one, but hubby would like one that is a bit stiffer ... so here we go.  I got the garden ripped out this week and a fresh batch of compost mixed in to start getting ready for next year.  Still plugging away at the violin.  My teacher is pleased and I am just looking for consistency on intonation (hitting an F when I want an F instead of an E or an F#).  He suggested that I play some of the hymns that I have been working on for offertories ... maybe, not yet!

Hubby only has one more exam left.  So far things have gone well.  Even in the midst of studying he was able to stay about 3 weeks ahead on his work.  He felt relaxed enough that we had another date yesterday afternoon.  He was going to take me for one of our walk/runs after classes yesterday when I suggested a hike at South Mountain.  He took me up on it!  It was beautiful up there.  We had had some rain, so some of the trees were bare, but there was still some color around us.  We love FALL!  Then we went for some Sesame Chicken and then a walk around the campus of Gardener Webb University.  We followed that with Seedline at Church where we are putting John/Romans together to send for distribution at the World Cup in South Africa next year.  Last night we were staplers!

Today is cleaning day.  I need to get things in shape for company next week.  Yep - having some family head our way for a few days.  After the cleaning I will work on the possibles bags - I think Muzzleloader season opens next week.  Then I think it is homemade pizza night!  Tonight is Sausage and artichoke hearts - maybe a pepperoncini or two.

Then, tomorrow is our favorite day.  We will be in the Lord's House on His day and worshipping with His people.  What change will He have for us tomorrow?  What friend will we need to build up?  or who will build us up?  What stranger will visit and become a friend?

Have a good day, friends! 
Praise the Lord for His goodness
and rejoice in His mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment