Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Another Negative Example

Proverbs 5:3,6
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb,
and her mouth is smoother than oil:
Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life,
her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
 
Another clear example to avoid.
This time I was struck by the unknowable strange woman.
You just can not figure her out.
How many times have I heard a husband say,
"I just can't figure my wife out!"
After meditating on this passage,
I will never hear that phrase the same way again.
While some women may pride themselves in being mysterious,
and many may joke about never understanding a woman -
I do not see where that is a trait that God desires to see.
We should be understandable,
we should not be up and down like the waves of the sea,
our husbands should be able to know us as they are commanded in I Peter 3.
Maybe not always routine,
or humdrum,
but understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment