Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Study

Proverbs 2:16-17
 To deliver thee from the strange woman,
even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth,
and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
 
I mentioned yesterday that I am beginning a study in the gospels to study the character of Christ.
I also read in Proverbs daily.
This year I am looking for references to women (not hard to find)
that I might avoid poor behavior and emulate right behavior.
 
The first traits I find are negative (those to avoid).
The strange woman.
A woman of whom nothing good is said.
 
I do not want her speech - that of flattery. 
How easy it is to flatter ...
in order to get my way,
in order to avoid an awkward situation,
in order to get "friends."
A trait to avoid.
 
I do not want her philosophy.
She has denied her God.
She has left her commitment to God.
How often I see women leave God and their upbringing
when things do not go as they expected or wanted.
Trials in marriage.
Difficulty in finances.
Unexplained sickness.
Death of a loved one.
The lure of earthly pleasures.
 
Will you be a wise woman today?
Will I?
With a mouth full of truth and grace?
With a heart and mind focused on Christ?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment