Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Dependence

My aunt makes a habit of choosing a word for her year,
and I followed suit last year.
 
Last year, I chose "contentment."
It was a good year, and God gave me great victory in the area of contentment.
While it was hard to watch 6 neighbors expecting little ones.
God gave grace and contentment.
He reminded me that His way is best.
While we experienced graduation,
God did not have us start in a different ministry.
He reminded us that there is ministry wherever you are -
it is not in the "someday" or in the "when I get to ..."
 
This year - 2013 - I have chosen the word "Dependence"
combined with Psalm 71:1
 
In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust:
let me never be put to confusion.
 
I want to rely on God for everything,
to be in an attitude of prayer for my needs,
and praise for His provision.
 
I have often relied on my bank account for needs,
the Internet for health advice,
my hubby for spiritual support ...
 
While God can and does use these means,
He should be the first one I turn to.
 
I must practice dependence on God.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment