Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Answer to Covetousness

Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: 
and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; 
he shall not be visited with evil.

I know of many folks who are torn on the celebration of Christmas.
Why would there be a dread to celebrate the birth of a Savior - my Savior?
Many of the concerns stem from the covetousness that the season breeds.
What do I want?
What will I get?
What's in it for me?
Just looking at store flyers and catalogs or walking through a store
breeds thoughts of "I need that ..."

But satisfaction and fulfillment rests solely in the fear of the Lord.
If I look appropriately at God,
I know that He has given me what I need.
I know that He knows what is best for me.
I will fear the punishment for my covetousness.

What a thermometer!
Right now, I don't like the reading,
but God is faithful and I am claiming I John 1:9 
and seeking to know God better and to fear Him as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment