Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

Summer Pizza

In the heat of the summer,
I have to revamp the eating schedule.
Hubby comes home hot and has much less of an appetite.
He wants something lighter.

So I have been searching.

We tried a new pizza recipe on Saturday,
and it was a hit.
Not only did we both like it,
but it is meatless so it is a money saver.
Wins all around!

I began with my flatbread recipe for the crust,
but you can use whatever you like best.
I made 7 flatbread rounds and the topping amounts worked perfectly.

Santa Fe Summer BBQ Pizza

Ingredients:

1/3 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup corn kernels (I used canned)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I omitted because it is not one of hubby's favorite herbs)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Spread BBQ sauce evenly on top of crust, then add black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Let cool five minutes then slice.
Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top before serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment