Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

My Love Language

 Nothing says love to me like dirt ...
... and flowers.

Of course, moving into a new subdivision,
things are a bit "vanilla."
The houses look the same,
the yards look the same.

I don't really mind,
but I do like a nice flower bed.

So for Valentine's Day,
hubby helped me dig up an island for a tree, some bushes, and some perennials.



Everything is ordered and will ship mid to late March.
And while I wait,
I am feeding my garden and trying to turn awful red clay into black gold.

If you look close, you can see a piece of banana peel and an orange peel.

And what will be in this little plot.
The tree will be an "Autumn Brilliance" Serviceberry.
It has white flowers in spring,
fruit that makes pies and jam,
and then bright red leaves in the fall.
I also ordered a smaller lilac bush.
And then some native perennials
like butterfly weed (bright orange),
coneflower,
liatris,
some lilies,
salvia,
black eyed susans,
bee balm,
and some mums.

So some people will enjoy the roses or chocolates today,
but I will enjoy playing in the dirt and waiting for my flower orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment