Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A Good Word

 I have been much encouraged (and rebuked) recently by good words at the proper time.


About 2 weeks ago,
I ministered in music with a piano offertory in church.
It had been over 10 months since I had played in church
and over 3 years since I had played in a larger church.
I had many nerves but also the power of prayer by my hubby and a good friend.

The morning came to play and God blessed and answered prayer abundantly.
When we arrived at Sunday School (even a little late) the sanctuary was empty
and I could run through the piece (a real piano feels different than a keyboard).
Then two men encouraged me with their words after my practice.
It wasn't words to pat me on the back,
but words of encouragement.
Then before the service ... more words ...
again, not of praise, but of empathy, acknowledging those nerves as normal.

Then this past Sunday, I was encouraged by a lady who asked about a prayer request that I had given over a month ago.
Her words were a reminder that she was still praying.

All of these words were words that encouraged me
and rebuked me for not always having the same encouraging words for others.

Who doesn't like to be encouraged?
Who doesn't need to hear a good word?
Why shouldn't that encouragement come from me or you?


No comments:

Post a Comment