Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Stolen Gratefulness

 I was making a batch of french toast this morning
and while I did, I chattered as I normally do.
I mentioned to hubby that eggs were at about $2.25 and then I had a coupon on top of that.
I said that I was thankful that egg prices were down from $5.

Hubby mentioned that he had heard a lot of folks recently give thanks
and then say, "Why am I giving thanks?  (egg, gas, house) prices used to be ..."

Isn't that odd?
Has our pride,
our desire for our own way,
our desire not to give praise to an administration
stolen our gratefulness?

No, egg prices are no longer under a dollar.
No gas prices are not under 2 dollars.
But God has given us a season where these prices have dropped a little.
I am grateful for a little (or maybe longer) reprieve.

This week was nothing like hubby and I imagined it would be.
Hubby was under-the-weather all week and I was fighting it the whole week,
but even in that, I can be thankful.
I am thankful that hubby could work from home all week.
I am thankful for less laundry since there weren't work clothes and workout clothes.
I am thankful for the warm temps and bright sun that we saw much of the week.
I am thankful for a comfortable home to relax in.
I am thankful for some odd jobs that got done this week.

Don't let circumstances steal your gratefulness.
And don't be so prideful that you won't give God thanks for things both large and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment