Pages

Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Year!

 Welcome, 2022!
It is always nice to have that "fresh" start.
2021 was full of new experiences and 2022 will be as well.
I am treating 2022 as a new adventure!
I hope you have made some plans for the new year.
I have not made any "resolutions" per se, 
but there are always things to work on.

We have a goal to purchase our first home after a move back across the country.
I desire to read more in the evenings.
I want to keep writing notes to others and sending them the old-fashioned way.

Of course, there are always goals as a homemaker.
I want to continue to build my plant-based menu ideas.
I want to be more aware of my spending.

Today, the Christmas tree came done.
The ornaments were put away and the tree was prepared for the dumpster.
Tomorrow, I will put up some winter decorations or jump directly to Valentine's Day decor.
Tomorrow will also bring a focus on Zone 2 - the kitchen!
That is hubby's favorite zone for me to clean
and my least because the "clean" lasts for such a short time.

And the meal plan for the week ...


Sunday - leftover turkey and gravy (frozen from Thanksgiving) with mashed potatoes and peas/carrots
Monday - Veggie Burgers and French Fries
Tuesday - Vegetable Stew
Wednesday - Breakfast for Dinner 
(Rice and Sausage Breakfast Casserole - without Sausage and cheese add black beans)
Thursday - Asian Pad Thai

The only experiment this week was tonights veggie burgers.
I often eat frozen veggie burgers, but hubby hasn't enjoyed them.
Tonights meal was a success.
The burgers were moist and flavorful.
We enjoyed with pickles and either may or mustard.
Next time we will put some guacomole on top!




No comments:

Post a Comment