Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Unseen Minister

In my life, I have had the opportunity to have many ministries that are "front and center."
The pianist is rarely hidden.
The teacher is typically loved and appreciated openly.
These are not thankless ministries.

Tomorrow I will begin a new ministry.
I will be sitting with a hospice patient when scheduled throughout the week 
in order to provide respite for her primary caregivers.
Even this could become a "known" ministry.

But so many of the ministries that I have been blessed to have are because of others.
I did not pay for one piano, organ, or flute lesson.
...the unseen ministers were my parents ...
Though I did contribute to my college tuition,
I did not pay for the entire education.
... again, the unseen ministers were my parents ...

I have freedom each week to minister in different areas,
but that is because someone is working hard all week behind the scenes
so that I can be home and available to help as needed,
so that I have resources to meet needs,
so that I have stamps to mail letters.
... the unseen minister is hubby ...

Each ministry is due appreciation and I encourage you to appreciate the minister that you do see,
but how about sending a note to an unseen minister this week?
Surprise them with thanksgiving for their sacrifices that are often unrecognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment