Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Give Up Control


Who is in control?

My flesh always wants to take the reins.
I want to orchestrate things.
I don't like to trust.
I don't like to rely on others.

There are so many uncertainties in life.
I can try to plan,
I can chart, graph, spreadsheet until there is nothing left to document,
but I cannot control everything.

And I don't need to.

I have a God who fights for me.
I am His.
I am His child.
I am His sheep.
I am in His hands.

The child doesn't worry because mom and dad are there.
The sheep trusts the shepherd.

When God is in control,
I need to hold my peace and watch Him work.

Sure there is wisdom to be used.
Sure I am not to face the day blindly.
Sure I am not to be lazy.
But worry should not be a part of my day/
Just give it up, Sandra!
It does you no good.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment