Pages

Monday, January 24, 2022

The Human Pin Cushion (or Dart Board)

 Hubby and I successfully gave blood on Saturday.
It was a little bit of a frustrating event, but successful nonetheless.
The blood bus was short-staffed,
the appointments were running about 30 minutes behind,
and then ... the girls could not find my veins.
So I am a little bit bruised on both arms,
BUT
we did not feel the drain in energy that we felt last time - 
so I will claim that the choice of foods was a success.
And we will not wait so long next time between donations.

We are socked in with cold fog.
Yesterday it broke for about an hour
and it was the same today.
I did get out for a run, but it was a little dreary.
The solar-powered girl (me) is struggling,
but it makes a move to a different climate that much more exciting.

I just pulled a batch of gingerbread cookies out of the oven.
I made a similar batch of sugar cookies yesterday - and they did not last long.
In all fairness - the recipe only makes a dozen.
It does make the house smell good.
And this cookie is so good with a cup of tea.

We also enjoyed a warm pot of Cod Chowder tonight.
Hubby's brother had brought us Alaskan cod and it worked perfectly.
I just love the potatoes in a milky broth - but the fish was ok too.

And this week in family dining ...

Sunday:  Leftover Vietnamese Beef Soup
MondayCod Chowder
TuesdayTuscan Skillet
Wednesday:  Breakfast for Dinner
Thursday"Chicken" Pot Pie (Substitute White beans for the chicken)
Friday:  Chicken Nuggets and French Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment