Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

A Different Kind of Recipe


Like this little Snow Buddy, I am enjoying the little bit of snow that NC recieved on Friday and Saturday ...

With all of the treats floating around, I can hardly think about cooking or baking today.  I do need to bake a loaf of bread to make hubby's sandwishes this week.  I have passed the "magic number" on the scale and so the treats are going to hubby only.  Oh, it is hard to pass on that pumpkin roll from a church friend (I had a piece yesterday and it was delicious - how could it not be with cream cheese filling) and the custard apple pie that I baked on Friday. 

So today I will share a recipe for foaming soap dispensers.  A while back, I hit a triple coupon sale and got some Dawn foaming dish soap - it lasted so well and I loved it ... but it is so pricey.  I also hit a freebie at a Drug Store for a foaming hand soap.  So with a little research, I found that I can refill these with regular soap and water.  I now use only 6 TBS of dish soap each week and about 1 TBS of hand soap a week.

Foaming Dish Soap  - Add 6 T dish soap to a Dawn foaming dispenser and then fill with water to fill line.

Hand Soap - Mix 3 T liquid soap and 2/3 c water to foaming dispenser.

You may have to swirl the mixture a little and may have a little sputtering at first when air gets in the dispenser, but the little frustration is worth the savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment