Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Just enjoying the morning!


I wish that I were more of a morning person.  It was so enjoyable this morning to watch the sun rays stream in this morning as I nursed a cup of pumpkin spice coffee. The coffee was especially inviting after putting a load of wash on the line at dawn!  Wet clothes on a frosty morning are awfully cold!

I love Fridays!  It is my last violin lesson until January.  It will be nice to have a little less pressure on my practice for awhile.  The past two weeks have been very hard in regards to practice time.  I hope to really get some of the finer things down while reviewing pieces in the next month.  This afternoon I hope to cook up another pumpkin and get it in the freezer, and make hubby a cherry pie.  I mentioned the pie this morning and his eyes just lit up - often he gets pumpkin or apple because of availability and price.  I like to make hubby smile!

It was a great week here in NC.  The soaking rains on Wednesday which made my errand-running very soggy made the sun on Thursday seem extra bright.  It is the Christmas season and the reminders of the season all around me cheer my heart.  The Christmas tree went up on Tuesday and was trimmed yesterday.  The porcelain houses were arranged in their wintry setting last night.  Each decoration is a reminder of someone who has touched my life in some way.  There is still the Precious Moments Nativity to be set out which is my favorite decoration of all - a gift from my parents and my dear husband (over quite a few years time).  I like all of the trimmings of the season - at least in my home - and the reminder with all of the nativities of the sacrifice that an Almighty Lord would make in taking the form of man to make the sacrifice for my sin.  When I was going through college, one of the choir's favorite Christmas anthems was "How should a King Come?"  The song suggested on a fine white horse, or dining on the finest foods, or wearing the best of clothes.  Yet our King came as a baby, born in a stable, laid in a manger, to poor earthly parents.  What sacrifice and condescension!

Philippians 2:5-7
Let this mind be n you,
which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God,
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation,
and took upon him the form of a servant,
and was made in the likeness of men:

1 comment: