Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still Thinking About Thanksgiving

The next chapters in Created to Be His Helpmeet were on Thanksgiving. 
How appropriate for this week! 

The author sums up the two chapters with this quote, "Thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces."  My husband wants to please me and provide the best for me and when I show discontent at what he provides, I tear him down.  Thanksgiving and contentment are a choice and something that must be practiced and developed.  I truly have been working on this and long to make it an easy habit in my home and marriage.  I have the ability to affect the atmosphere in my home.  My reaction to my family will in turn regulate their responses.  As I said last week, I don't want to be a thermometer reacting to the moods and actions in my home, but a thermostat that affects the people in my home. 

The joy that the author spoke of in the last chapter is produced by thankfulness.  When I am thanking God and my darling hubby, my mouth is full of praise instead of grumbling and complaining.  It is hard to be discontent while looking for ways to be thankful. 

Do you need some help getting started with thanksgiving? 
Here are a few from my word study this week ...
...God's provision
   ... Wisdom from God
        ... answered prayer
            ... fellow-Christians
               ... deliverance from sin and death
                  ... God's grace, goodness, mercy, holiness
                     ... God's plan and power
                        ... God's call and enabling
                           ... encouragment of other believers
                              ... salvation, the sacrifice of Christ
                                  ... God's Word
                                     ... daily food and healing

Psalm 107:22
And let them sacrifice
the sacrifices of thanksgiving,
and declare his works with rejoicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment