Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"By Divine Appointment"

Chapter 12 of Created to be His Helpmeet is a basic reminder of why woman was created.  The author states: "The only position where you will find real fulfillment as a woman is as a help meet to your husband."  Of course, that is why God created woman in the garden of Eden.  She was created to help Adam, it was not good for him to be alone.  And yet, many women buck the position that God has ordained for them.  As prideful creatures, we do not want to submit ... sometimes we want to lead, or to just have our own way.  I like this perspective instead: "The emphasis is not on women submitting to men, but rather on women showing, here on earth, the heavenly pattern of the Son submitting to the Father."  It is a picture of the church submitting to Christ.  Would we have salvation through the shed blood of Christ today if Christ had submitted to the Father as I submit to my husband?  Are our homes the picture of the relationship that Christ has with his church, or have we marred the picture.

But I would have you know,
that the head of every man is Christ;
and the head of the woman is the man;
and the head of Christ is God.
I Cor. 11:3

My position in the home is divinely appointed by God.  Should I let the world belittle that role?  Should I downplay my ministry.  I am the chief aid to the ruler in my home, the executive secretary the CEO of my home.  I have an exalted position.  My hubby treats me in this way, so my role is easier then some.  But why don't you try it?  Even if you don't feel the encouragement from within your home ... take God at His Word and seek to be the woman that He created you to be.

1 comment:

  1. "The emphasis is not on women submitting to men, but rather on women showing, here on earth, the heavenly pattern of the Son submitting to the Father."

    you have captured the most important motivation for submission in marriage. thank the Lord, he doesn't leave us to work it out in our own strength.

    ReplyDelete