Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flexibility

Have I mentioned that I am a creature of habit?  I like routing and stability.  I have missed a few days of posting because I am adapting to a new schedule.  Some semesters the transition is easy, and others it really takes a lot of work.  I mentioned it to hubby and he quipped, "Just about the time that you get it down, it will be summer and you will have to change again."  I guess this is a trait I need to work on more.

I missed Monday's post, but did think about it.  I am personally eating very simply for breakfast and lunch and then sharing dinner with hubby.  I swap my meals for they can be breakfast or lunch, but they are basically two.  One is cheese toast and a piece of fruit.  I just take a slice of homemade bread, put cheese on top and broil until the cheese is bubbly.  The fruit this week has been oranges since they are in season.  The other meal is a unique smoothie.  Hubby thought it sounded nasty when I first mentioned it, but he was surprised when he tried it.  It is VERY balanced and nutritious and also very satisfying.  I found the recipe in a recent Prevention magazine. 

Blend 1 cup milk, 1/4 c old fashioned oats, 1 banana, 1/2 c frozen strawberries, and 1 Tbsp peanut butter.  400 cal.  Has dairy, fruits, fiber, and protein - a win-win all around.

The more pleasant weather here has helped my weight AND my spirits.  A daily walk has been helping me sleep better, has given me clear-headedness to think, and helped add exercise to my day.  Speaking of exercise ... Better hurry along this morning!

2 comments:

  1. We're trying this recipe out this morning! Hope it's good. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - I do hope you like it. My own mother informed me that she was going back to her old recipe. I don't think that she liked the texture of the oats.

    ReplyDelete