Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

No Fancy Recipes

It has been a very busy week and the next 3 weeks promise more of the same.  Between counselling efforts, Hebrew class, Greek lessons, piano lessons, tract distribution, and church responsibilities ... well, there have been more "tried and true" recipes than new experiments.  I have been thankful for some freezer meals and will be using the crockpot a lot in the coming weeks.  Tomorrow I will be doing Chicken and Rice (with Cheese and Broccoli).  I did bake cookies today - but sadly they were made with Christmas cookie dough that I found in the freezer.  A loaf of bread is about to go into the oven (I can't believe that I am baking at 10:00 at night). 

The piano lessons went well today and all of my students showed up, then tonight I have been working on a sheet to help my preteen and young teen girls to focus on what they are reading during their daily devotions - I think that I may use it right along with them :)  Do you think, really think, during your Quiet Times?  These are some of the questions that I came up with.  What did I learn about God?  Is there a sin to avoid?  Do I need to confess a sin and change?  Is there an example to follow?  Is there something to be thankful for?  What words do not make sense?  I am currently working through the book of Esther.  I have seen a faithful God who uses sinful people to accomplish His work.   I have seen the sin of pride to avoid (Haman).  The first chapter shows the effect that a leader's wife may have on other wives.  I want to be a godly wife that others can look to as an example.  I am thankful for God's protection in difficult situations (the Jews were protected from Haman's plot and God still protects His own).

No comments:

Post a Comment