Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Embarassed and Twitterpated

My dear, sweet hubby embarrassed me during his preaching yesterday, and yet thrilled me at the same time.  My husband loves me, and he is not afraid to say so.  There were numerous comments made to me following his chapel message about how much I had to pay him to get him to complement me.  I know that the comments were made in jest, but it made me think about the rarity of sweet comments between married partners and made me think of something that my brother said during our marriage ceremony.  It is not hard for a wife to sweetly submit to someone who is lovingly leading me.  On the flip side, it is not hard for a husband to lovingly lead someone who is sweetly submitting.  If I do my job, it is easier for him to do his.  If he does his, it is easier for me to do mine. 

So who does their job first? 

I don't remember having to make a choice in my home.
Hubby might just have beat me to it :) 
Perhaps you will have to be the one who makes the first move ... why not? 
What do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment