Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Good Day

I greatly enjoyed a very restful Thanksgiving.  Hubby and I slept in for the first time in months, enjoyed a quiet breakfast, and then a nice long time of Bible Reading.  We also enjoyed reading the Psalms together and recounting our reasons to give thanks. 

Last year, hubby gave me the day off from cooking and took me to our dear friend, Ryans (a buffet), for dinner.  We liked it so much, we planned it again this year.  You see, hubby enjoys the Thanksgiving meal, but not the fact that he has to watch me cook for hours when he would rather be enjoying my company.  We went to see Ryan, but he had so much company that we decided to see our friend Denny instead.  We had a very good turkey melt with turkey, stuffing, Swiss cheese, and cranberry mustard spread with gravy for dipping - YUMMY! 

At 3:30, hubby headed for work and I mowed the lawn for the last time of the season and raked and mulched some of our leaves.  When the sun went down, I worked to put away some fall decorations and to begin planning the Christmas fun!

1 comment: