Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Paint Free and Muddy

There is always so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful to put away my paint "uniform" for awhile.


We bought it at Goodwill on our first full day in Shelby five years ago.
It has redwood stain, roasted tomato paint, espresso cabinet paint,
celery, horseradish, pine bark, and antique white from the walls.
I have some paint t-shirts that add some other colors from our first two apartments.
It can go into hiding until we repaint the exterior of the trailer.

I have moved on to gardening uniforms which are now covered in grass and red clay stains.

I am thankful for the rain.
The transplanting of the flowers,
though messy,
has a much greater chance of success due to the overcast skies and regular rains.

Lots of mud.
The two bushes used to be here.

Started with 3 rose bushes,
filling in with transplanted perennials.

I still have a ways to go - but have 10 more days to move the rest of the plants.

I am thankful for the removal of two bushes
and thankful for friends with large trucks and chains.

You can see the ruts left from the truck.

I am thankful that our college students are back.

I am thankful for the approach of fall - 
I actually saw some changing leaves on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment