Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Playing Ball

Proverbs 16:3 
Commit thy works unto the LORD, 
and thy thoughts shall be established. 

As I was reading in Proverbs this week,
a note about this verse caught my eye.
The note said that the word "commit" meant "to roll."

As I meditated and studied the verse further,
I thought of the mess I can make of my plans and my actions.
A big mess - kind of like a tangled ball of yarn.
I am to roll my tangled plans to God.
God will then return my thoughts and plans;
Instead of being a mess,
they will be firm, established, stable.

Can you picture it now?
It is kind of like that costume jewelry that you had as a little girl.
Oh, those necklaces could tangle;
and you could take it to your father,
and he would patiently untangle the mess and make the jewelry usable again.

We just need to turn over the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment