Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Comfort Food

I love Italian Cuisine.
Comfort Food.
Pasta.
Rich Sauces.

For Sunday's Church dinner,
I decided to make Ziti.
It had a little twist because it had to be gluten AND dairy free.
A little less "cheese" than I am used to,
but hubby enjoyed it.
I borrowed this meat sauce recipe from my mom - 
it really made the dish.

Italian Meat Sauce

1 lb ground beef or pork (I used 2 this time)
2 medium onions chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar (28 oz) meatless spaghetti sauce
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (12 oz) tomato paste
3/4 c water
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano

Cook beef, onions, and garlic until meat is no longer pink, drain.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Reduce heat to low, over and simmer 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

This is enough for 1 pound of pasta.


This week's menu:

Sunday: Church Dinner
Monday: Spring Vegetable Risotto
Tuesday: Chicken Marsala
Wednesday: Pasta with Broccoli
Thursday: Sloppy Joe Wraps
Friday:  Layered Salad
Saturday: Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment