Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Oh For A Sunny Day!

Proverbs 27:15-16
A continual dropping in a very rainy day 
and a contentious woman are alike.
 Whosoever hideth her hideth the wind, 
and the ointment of his right hand, which bewrayeth itself.

Continual dripping ...
I can relate.
As we try to work on the exterior of the house,
we keep one eye on the skies.
It seems that we have a daily thunderstorm ...
so the work has been on hold and/or greatly slowed.

But ...
back to Proverbs.
I do not want to be that continual dripping.
I would rather be a sunny day ... an encouragement.
I need to leave the "picking", 
my tendency to argue,
my desire to be "right."

Not only is this contentious woman like a rainy day,
she cannot be hidden.
She is a shame to her husband and family.

How would you like to be thought of?

No comments:

Post a Comment