Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Drink It Instead

Oatmeal is a very healthy source of whole grains - 
a great source of fiber - 
BUT
I have some texture issues with it.
Does it seem like paste to anyone else?
I eat it anyway, but it is not always easy.
As a child, I did not eat it much,
but when I did ...
BROWN SUGAR and RAISINS please!

I have since found that it is easier to drink it.

I stick my oats in the blender,
grind them to a powder.
Add double the milk as oats.
Blend.
Sometimes I add frozen fruit for sweetness.
We had it last week with peanut butter and banana ... YUM!
No more texture issues.

This Week's Menu

Sunday - Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
Monday - Black Bean Soup (a mistake turned into just a bad meal) 
Tuesday - Tilapia
Wednesday - Fried Rice
Thursday - Asian Chicken Meatballs
Friday - Tacos
Saturday - Stir-Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment