Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Hard Not To Be Grateful


It is a beautiful spring-like day.
All of the windows in the house are open.
The temperature is up to 74* inside.

On a day like this, I am so energized.
My morning was productive and my afternoon can be as well.

On this Thankful Thursday,
I am thankful for the beautiful weather outside.
I am thankful for the breeze blowing in the windows.
I am thankful for a productive morning that yielded a tidy home.
I am thankful for the opportunity to do dorm devotions
with one of the girls dorms at the local college tonight.
I am thankful for lessons to share.
I am thankful for people who want to be a blessing.
I am thankful for returned health.
I am thankful for food that is ready to be prepared for dinner.
I am thankful for the "tokens for good" along the way.

We were reminded last night
that if our mouth is full of thanksgiving,
there will not be room for murmuring, complaining, backbiting, foolish jesting.
So, I want my mouth to spill out gratefulness everyday.
Will I succeed 100%?  No!  But it is a good goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment