Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Celebrate God's Love

How do we know and appreciate love?

We know and appreciate love because of the love
that God has shown us.
He is the example of perfect love.
He created us.
He made a plan to save us.
He executed the plan which involved giving the life of His Son.
His Son willingly died for the sins of the whole world.
He offers salvation free for those who will believe and repent.
His love embodies the traits of charity.
His love should overflow in the lives of His children.

This love is the love that we celebrate today.
Whether with a spouse,
whether in a classroom,
whether with children,
whether with friends,
whether with interaction with strangers.

A giving love that shows the love of God.

On Sunday, I was given my first Valentine present of the week.
On Sunday night, I had to go to church alone because hubby was unsure of his health
(it was a false alarm).
Of course, since hubby has preached and taught much since we arrived in NC
and since he spent nearly 4 years at sea while in WA
sitting alone at church is nothing new to me, but it can be a little lonely since church is often a family affair.
After the song service,
a young man came up beside my seat and asked if he could sit beside me.
He didn't have to do it,
but he looked to the needs of someone else.
He saw that I might be lonely and uncomfortable in a setting that was still new and different.
It was a gift from the young man to both me and hubby.
It was a gift from his parents who had taught him to give of himself.
It was a gift from God to encourage me.

How will you give of yourself today?
How will you show the love of Christ to others?



No comments:

Post a Comment