Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2018

AAHH! Sight.

About 2 weeks ago,
I got a great big scratch on my glasses.
A very large scratch ... right in my line of vision.
I was not really planning on purchasing another pair of glasses 
since I had only had mine a little over a year and a half.

Now I had no choice.
For the time being, I wore my old glasses and just removed them for reading,
but I sure did miss my progressive lenses.
I just did not like the idea of $350 dollars for glasses.

We had had great success with hubby and an online glasses company called Coastal.
For $19 - he got a great pair of glasses and he loved them.
BUT, I had read that progressives were a little more touchy.
I just had to try.
I went through Zenni.
For a little over $50 - I ordered my glasses -
and I got them today!

not so good at computer selfies

On this Thankful Thursday,
I am thankful that the experiment was a success.
The glasses fit,
the prescription is right,
I am happy to see again and to be able to wear my glasses all day.
And I can't complain about the savings.
The lenses are a little "taller" than my last, but online won't put progressives in anything to small.

I believe that the key is the PD.
I tried the online calculators for this and compared it to the PD that Walmart gave me 1 1/2 years ago.
The PD I got online was off.
So if you decide to go this route,
get your PD from your doctor or your last glasses order.

Oh, and if you are worried about size.
Your store glasses should have 3 size numbers on the frames.
You can search for new frames with those same numbers.

And yes, hubby is studying in the background.
Respiratory problems kept him home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment