Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Feel Better Soup

There are so many things that make a person feel better.
For me ...
a walk in the sunshine,
sunshine streaming in the windows,
mowing the lawn,
playing in the dirt (weeding and gardening),
doing something nice for someone else.

Today,
I got to enjoy the sun.
I got to play in the dirt.
I buried my winter compost in the garden.
Tonight, I just feel better.

Sometimes,
it might be a bowl of soup.
Soup when you are cold,
soup when you aren't feeling well.

We tried a variation on chicken soup this weekend,
and hubbers wanted me to assure him that it would not be lost.

Korean Chicken Soup

8 cups chicken broth
2 TBSP finely chopped garlic
2 TBSP finely grated fresh ginger
1/2 c rice (I used brown, but it would be faster with white)
1 TSBP soy sauce (or tamari)
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (mine was plain sesame oil)
1-2 tsp hot chile paste or hot chile sauce
1 c shredded chicken (I used 1 lb)
2 green onions finely chopped
1 TBSP sesame seeds (mostly for decoration)

Combine broth, garlic and ginger in soup pot.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Add rice, reduce the heat to med-low and simmer until rice is tender.
Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil; add chili paste or sauce to taste.
Add chicken and heat through.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment