Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Change of Focus

There is much to be thankful for today.

The sun was shining.
The air was cool but comfortable.
It was lawn mowing day.
I took 2 - 4 mile walks.
We just finished 4 days of special meetings at church.

But I want to be specific.
I am thankful for a change of focus.
In all of the changes that life brings with it,
those changes sometimes turn me around.
Those changes sometimes force me to change.
Those changes give me new perspective.

My nature wants to fight those changes.
My nature often wants the status quo.
But as I submit to the changes,
God reminds me that His way is best.

It is late in the Bickish household (9:45 pm).
I am thankful that hubby has his turn to minister over in the college dorms tonight.

I am thankful for the opportunity to minister to a 5th grader numerous times this week
and to develop a rapport and the start of a relationship with her.

I am thankful for 2 different opportunities this summer to be background help
at weddings of good friends.

I am thankful for the responses that God has given as "tokens for good"
that the ministries that we are engaged in at present,
though different,
are the right ministries in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment