Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

When Work Gives You Strawberries...

... make Strawberry Shortcake.

Well, I took the picture for the Thankful Thursday edition,
but the post did not get written.

On Thursday, 
hubby came home with these.


Aren't they beautiful?
I am thankful for the generosity of someone at work.
We had both had active days and I decided to make up some biscuits
and we enjoyed our first shortcake of the season
complete with coconut whipped cream!

On Friday,
we were also gifted quite a few plantains.
I am looking forward to making a plantain cake
which can also be topped with coconut whipped cream and fruit.


1 comment:

  1. When I read that you got plantains I thought of the herb that grows in our yard, I didn't think that would make a good cake. :) Apparently it is also a fruit though, that would make a better cake. :)

    ReplyDelete