Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ever-changing Job

It is Woman's Work Wednesday.  Today I have to bake some bread, make some tomato sauce, proof read and print some English papers ...  I love being a "keeper at home."  There is such variety in my work.  I may be baking, cleaning, sewing, ironing, ... the typical things we imagine, but in this season of my life, my job changes daily.  While Chris is in school, I am also secretary, proof reader, printer, researcher, encourager, assignment interpreter, study buddy, ...  When God said that I am to be a help to my husband, He definitely gave me so many ways to accomplish the task!

The latest chapter in the book Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit was dealing with Fear and Worry as the robbers of my godly spirit.  How often do I want to change course, or doubt the course that I have chosen because I encounter a trial of some sort?  Some days, we struggle with this as students in school - does God really want us here?  Why is it hard to get in enough hours at work or for some to find work at all?  Why was the GI Bill cut?  We know that this is God's plan for us, but it is easy to doubt when the hard times come (and are they really that hard?).  Sometimes it is easy to worry about the future.  Where will we go?  Will hubby be a pastor, translator, lay person helping another pastor?  The chapter stressed that Prayer is the key to this "robber."  We need to ask God for His peace and trust that if we have made a decision with His guidance through prayer and Bible Study that it is His will for us - regardless of the trial.  The book also gave me the reminder that I need to let hubby make the leadership decisions and then not doubt the decisions when they are made.  There is such peace when we rely on God's plan of leadership in the home

I Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment