Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Week in Review

Well, we are through the first full week of the semester.  It is good to take a breath.  During the first week, the school conducts Opening Revival meetings.  It was hard to feel like the school work was getting adequate time when there were services to run to each night.  The services were very good.  The evening meetings were on Bitterness, the sins that can capture a pastor, and the Holiness of God. 

Despite the business of the week, hubby was able to get one full week ahead on schoolwork.  We even finished 235 vocabulary words so that they could be turned in early for extra credit.  Yes, I can use the pronoun "we" because I am back to my job as chief typist, proofer, and printer.  We are faithfully trying to learn Greek vocabulary words and it is fun to challenge each other.  I am often reminded of some of my former pastors as we throw the words around and Chris wonders how I get them to "stick" so quickly. 

I had my second violin lesson this week and was excited to receive an "A+" from my teacher.  I was only playing on open strings, but he said the tone was good.  He also said that my violin was a good one (Thanks mom and dad!).  This week I start fingering and hopefully things will progress just as well - my typing might be funny for a few days as I develop callouses on my string fingers.

The weather was just delightful this week.  It was starting to feel like fall - cool and dry!  We were able to have windows open all week.  I have a feeling that summer is not quite through, but the cool days are much appreciated and make us eager for the fall season.  The cooler temperatures and rain have also greened up the lawn which is prettier to look at, but more difficult to mow!

I did get in a third planting in this week and will make some more this week.  The warm weather here is a blessing in that aspect.  I look forward to having fresh salad greens again. 

Tomorrow is the day we look forward to the most - a day of rest and focus on the Lord and fellowship with fellow believers.  I enjoy the day with no thoughts of school books, laundry, cleaning, ironing ... truly it is good to be in the house of the Lord and to be fed by God's servant.  We will also share dinner with our neighbors and it will be nice to visit with them.  I hope you will take your Sunday and give it to the Lord.  Give him that day and trust that He will multiply the time in your week.

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me,
Let us go into the house of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment