Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Woman's Work

Well, this is a day late because we are having some phone line trouble.  Bummer!  Don't know how regular I will be while we are trying to diagnose the problem - lots of static inteferes with a dial-up connection.

One job that has proven fun and challenging is that of finances in the home.  Not all wives take on this task, but while hubby was away from home for months on end, I took this job over.  I have learned so much this year that I wish I had practiced more while we were in WA and I had more time and things were more convenient.  My neighbor introduced me to a website called moneysavingmom.com.  This site is AWESOME.  Daily, I receive emails that tell me how to get freebies, where to use my Sunday coupons for the best deals.  I particularly enjoy making the most of CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid deals and triple coupons at Harris Teeter (our high end grocery).  I went to triple coupons on Tuesday and saved 57 dollars with 20 coupons (WOW!)  It is one way to have some "fun" things in the pantry without breaking the bank - Toaster Strudel for breakfast ... granola bars ...

I knew we would cut some things when we left the military.  Many of you know that I struggle with acne in a big way.  I had been using Proactiv for many years with great success, but that bill was just not going to be able to continue.  So I dealt with the acne for a number of months here in NC.  But that all changed in April or May.  While researching another health problem, I found that apple cider vinegar helps acne.  Really?  Really!  I simply put 1 tsp in water (or juice) every morning.  My skin has been SO much clearer.  That sure is a lot cheaper than medication and doctor bills!

Beyond the finances - there is much to work on spiritually. 

I Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you
but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful,
who will not suffer you to be tempted
above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation
also make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it.

I had often focused on the not being "tempted above that ye are able"  and missed the ESCAPE.  God gives an escape.  How silly I would be if I tried to cut a whole out of a burning building when the fire escape was right beside me!  So often I think that I have to escape the temptation in my own strength, but the escape God provides is there - I just have to find it and use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment