Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Tune on Tuesday

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."
Ephesians 5:19

Yes, this blog needs some structure and its writer needs discipline. So we will try some new things in the coming weeks.

Today the hymn "Saved, Saved" is going through my mind. "...Life now is sweet and my joy is complete, For I'm saved, saved, saved!" We sang it last night at the opening revival at school. It was a good message on Bitterness and some of the fruits of bitterness. Today that hymn goes through my mind. Am I living like my life is sweet, joy complete? I hope so!

There is joy in the journey we are going through. I am joyful today in a successful shopping trip. I love the discount grocery stores that they have in this area - lots of dents, tears, after dated food - BUT AWESOME deals that stretch the budget. I am singing because I am learning to play the Violin. I am rejoicing in the successes of my piano students and their desire to use their music in church.

My blender pitcher broke yesterday - this right after I resolved to cut my shopping budget by 25%. Both Chris and I began to pray for a new pitcher at a good deal. Sure enough, a plastic one waited for me at the store at a price in my budget - God cares about my needs and my wants! I guess I can make hubby a smoothie tomorrow for breakfast!

I am reminded about a sign we saw in a local store -
"It is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
but about learning to dance in the rain."

God has a purpose for this time in my life and yours. Life IS sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment