Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Woman's Work Wednesday

I guess some would think that title a little bit on the chauvinistic side - but I love being a wife and doing woman's work. The first load of wash is hanging out in the cool breeze and sun this morning while the whites are spinning in the machine. I love the smell of the bleach in the house. I am still looking forward to planting some seeds before lunch and also scrubbing the kitchen floor with a brush and some vinegar. There are also some bananas that will become bread, waffles, muffins, or pancakes - I just haven't decided which. It is going to be breakfast night here and I am going to try a casserole made with grits! We'll see how that flies :)

The title of this blog is not really about my work in the trailer and around the place here, but about the work in my life. I am currently working through a study on Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell. I like to be working on my own "school" while Chris is in the books so much. The first chapter was simply showing the command to have this spirit and examining the things that steal it from me. As I thought about it, I pinned unexpected events as a quiet spirit robber and also a proud heart. I like to follow my plans in my way and when that does not happen, an ungodly spirit can follow. So I am working on giving up my "rights" realizing that I have a "right" to Hell, but God has been so gracious to save me. I am also working on cultivating the right start to my day. You know that to be a fruitful quiet time with God. I want more than just a reading and a "pat" prayer.

So - Back to work I go - with the physical and the spiritual.

I Peter 3:4
"...the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,
which is in the sight of God of great price."

1 comment:

  1. i love the post. being a part of your daily activities and growth is a delight.

    ReplyDelete