Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week in Review

I have a love/hate relationship with Saturdays.  Why?  Well it is 5:50 am and I have my second load of wash in and am still waiting for the sun to come up.  I hate the 4:30 wake-up call, but I love watching the earth wake up, hearing the sounds of the morning, finishing my cleaning while the morning is still cool (anytime before lunch), having devotions outside on the back porch before the heat of the day.  Who knew that this night owl would need to become a morning person?  I love the fact that marriage changes both partners - it is truly a process of becoming "one."  I love the fact that I am "forced" to be disciplined in my sleep habits so that I can meet the needs of my husband and so that we can have the most time together.  I love the fact that I can get up and show hubby my love by making a lunch for him before he goes to work. 

Much to think about this week.  We just commemorated 9-11.  It really doesn't seem like 8 years ago.  Our naion has changed so much since that time.  How thankful I am for all those who haven given their lives and who continue to sacrifice of their time for my freedoms!  I am so grateful to the families who are without husband or father so that my husband can study and train!  This day also reminds me that America has come a long way - and not for the good - and that we trifle with God's blessing on this land.

A dear friend of ours passed away this week.  The loss of loved ones always causes me to reflect on the brevity of life.  Am I working for the Lord while I have breath?

Beyond the times of reflection, it was a busy week.  We are still trying to settle into the school routine.  Hubby is about 2 weeks ahead on school work and that feels good.  He had some good ideas about his research paper for English Composition yesterday, so that project is not looking so bad anymore.  So far, the Greek hasn't killed him and he enjoys the challenge - he is so blessed to have a partially photographic memory as he learns vocab. and endings upon endings.

The garden is still producing beans and peppers.  The rain of this week and the cooler temperatures has been a real blessing.  (Not only has the garden thrived, but we have had the AC off for 2 weeks, except while we were entertaining on Sunday).  The lawn is growing like crazy, and looking GREAT for September.  I had to rake yesterday after mowing because it was so long.  Of course, I was also eyeing the grass clippings as good compost :)

Today the house will be cleaned and then the shed will get a coat or two of primer.  There will be more violin practice - I am sure that the neighbors wish it was hot again so that I would close the windows.  My left hand fingers are still a little numb, but are adjusting slowly to the strings.  My teacher has been pleased with my progress and told me yesterday when he assigned 14 pages to practice that it was the largest assignment that he had ever given.  I will be starting a hymn this week, which will make practice even more enjoyable.

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day again.  ... a day of rest  ... a day to focus on the Lord 

Have a great weekend!

Psalm 146:2
While I live will I praise the LORD:
I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

No comments:

Post a Comment