Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fit Words

Proverbs 25:11
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold
in pictures of silver.

I am so thankful for people who know the right thing to say.  It really is a gift.  It is just too easy to speak without thinking.  Can you imagine walking up to a war veteran who lost his legs in the war and complaining about a stubbed toe?  Can you imagine complaining that your extra BMW is in the shop to someone who is holding their one car together with duct tape and chewing gum?  I know that I thoughtlessly open my mouth many times and we are all painfully aware of the hurtful words of others.  I am thankful that in the midst of a painful world, the Lord sends those who understand the affect that their words can have.  I am thankful  for opportunities to see the difficulties that others face, in hope that I will be more conscious of my words and actions toward them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment