Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Picking Apples Again

I love to experiment in the kitchen ... not with creating my own recipes, but in trying unique recipes that I haven't used before.  Last night, hubby had some late night studying to do; we had just finished a pumpkin pie; and I decided to make a new pie in honor of the end of the gardening season (I had just ripped out all my tomato plants).  Hubby got excited until he heard what I was making ... Green Tomato Pie!  It sure is an UGLY pie, but it tastes like any fall pie with cinnamon and sugar.  I don't think that I could bring myself to serve it to guests, but it is a good way to use those last tomatoes. 

In any case, hubby decided that in order to end the experiments, he needed to take me apple picking again!  There won't be any Macs this time, but something useful for crisps, breads, muffins, and pies.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...
    Interesting pie.

    Reminds me that I really need to do a couple of apple pies. There are some apples left from the canning that should be taken care of right away.
    The kiddos may be out this way tomorrow...so yeah...need to do that.

    Have a good weekend, you two!

    ReplyDelete